Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pumpkin Patch!

We went to the Pumpkin Patch last Thursday. It is a great patch with a lot of activities for kids. It has special significance to me because three years ago on October 15th Matt proposed to me after we spent the day there. Let me tell you the story...It was a beautiful fall day. Abby and I met Matt and his mom at the patch that morning. We fed the animals, road the train, picked out a pumpkin, and had apple pie. Then we all left and went back to our houses for the afternoon. That evening Matt came over and brought both Abby and I roses. The three of us carved the pumpkin out on the deck of my apartment and then we BBQ'd steak for dinner. As we got Abby ready for bed the pumpkin was brought inside and the candle lit. It sat on top of the entertainment center in the living room. I went and put Abby to bed and when I walked out of her bedroom I noticed that the candle had gone out. Immediately, I walked over to the pumpkin, took it down off the entertainment center, set it on the table, and took off the lid. Inside was a little box. I just starred at it for a while without saying anything. Finally I said, "What is this?" (I knew exactly what it was but I was so shocked that I didn't know what else to say). Matt got up and said, "Let's see." Then he walked over to the table, took the box from the pumpkin, got down on one knee, opened the box and said.... actually, I won't embarrass him by saying what he said (although I do remember every word). After a few more moments of shocked silence I said yes and almost lost my finger in the next few days wearing a ring that was two sizes too small for me. The surprise of the proposal was worth him not giving it away by asking me my ring size in advance.

Back to the present...last Thursday was also a very nice day. Matt and Grandpa were at work but Boppa, Loon, and Nana joined us for the day. It was Sam's first trip. We picked out our pumpkins and of course had apple pie with the works (ice cream and caramel). Here are a few pictures. Stoney Ridge farm will always be a special place to me.

2 comments:

summer said...

oh yea for the pumpkin patch! glad you had a good time and glad you got at least 1 picture from the golf trip. how did you hold up?
how's life w/work, etc.?

Kelly said...

When I saw your Pumpkin Patch title, I immediately thought of your engagement! That certainly is memorable! I'm hoping to have time to get the kids to our pumpkin patch around here, too. I love fall!!!